On December 3, 2022, the world will be recognizing the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. This day has been observed since 1992 to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development and to increase the awareness of the situation of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life. This year’s theme is “Transformative solutions for inclusive development: the role of innovation in fuelling an accessible and equitable world“. There are things you can do on, before and after this day.
- Join an event in your area
- Recognize the day on your website and social media
- Make a contribution to a charity to celebrate diversity and accessibility
- Dec. 5: Employment and Social Development Canada Youth with Disabilities Town Hall
- Dec 7-8: Disability and Work in Canada 2022 Virtual Conference